444 Haywood Road

Mardis Building – Current Location: King Daddy’s Chicken & Waffle, WHIST, Second Gear
Historic Card: Mardis Building 1926 – The Mardis Building (440-446* Haywood Road) was noted in the March 1926 issue of The Southern Tourist: “The Mardis Building, a new business block on Haywood Road, was erected in 1925, has four store rooms, twenty-eight office rooms and all are occupied by business and professional men and firms.”1

Early tenants included the Mutual Coal Company, West Asheville Furniture Company, J. S. Mardis’s shoe store and real estate office, and Dr. J. Garrett Anderson, who helped organize the first West Asheville Merchants Association in January 1926.  Learn More

This entry was posted in
Bookmark this article 444 Haywood Road