Built around 1915, the history of the Sellers Building at 417 Haywood Road includes use as a furniture company, Kahn’s Dry Goods store in the 1920s, and a grocery and meat market in the early 1940s.
Paul G. Sellers, a native of Buncombe County, and his wife Mary, purchased the building at 417 Haywood Road in 1946, opening Sellers Cabinet Shop. Throughout the years, other business enterprises of the Sellers family were located here including a lighting center and coin shop. The Sellers family sold the building to A to Z Wholesale Glass in June 2009.
Contributed by Adam Coulter, August 2023.